Posted July 16, 2021Part Time
Lobby Bar-Beverage Server
Summary of Position:
The Beverage Server is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Check and maintain proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during, and after shift
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials, promotions and snacks.
- Takes orders, up-selling premium brands, noting requests requires memorization of all available drinks.
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender an order was placed.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction.
- Presents the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Other supportive functions as determined by management.
- Education:High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience:2 years high-volume lounge experience preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses:Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items
- Ability to transport large trays of drinks through a crowded lounge
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, such as a blender
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Service Standards and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)