Posted July 19, 2021
Work with our talented engineering team while focusing on Pool Maintenance of our 2 gorgeous pools, lagoon, as well as assistant with other engineering related responsibilities! Great leadership, associates and workplace await you and this full time opportunity!
* Daily cleaning and chemical reads on main pools and Jacuzzi
* Respond to guest challenges and requests throughout the resort, making necessary repairs and/or accommodating the guest’s needs.
* Work with other departments to perform repairs as requested.
* Maintain all inspection and log sheets to guarantee preventative maintenance was completed.
* Visually inspect and diagnose problems, making repairs as necessary or as instructed by supervisors.
* Maintain inventory of supplies to perform job functions.
* Report major repair items or items that cannot be repaired to management within Property Operations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor, and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. CPO a plus
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of basic pool chemical reading and chemistry
* Knowledge of basic pool cleaning / maintenance
* Ability to achieve minor troubleshooting of pool pump and motor repairs
* Knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, water chemistry, and natural gas properties as well as the related use of hand and power tools.
* Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools
* Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties
* Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds
* Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period
* Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods
* Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
* Behaves ethically
* Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
* Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
* Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.