- Meet or exceed your revenue for each Quarter, Year End and Future Booking Sales Goals.
- Respond within 24 hours to all phone calls, sales inquiries and referrals.
- Systematically build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Establish a positive, professional presence and rapport within the assigned market(s).
- Design and sell events that meet the client’s needs all the while maintaining profitability (revenue generation, maintaining profit margins and food/beverage costs).
- Use site inspections as a closing tool.
- Use tastings and proposals as up-selling tools.
- Utilize cross-selling techniques to ensure business is booked for both the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and The Scott Resort & Spa.
- Weekly meeting with Director of Catering to report and review catering sales progress to goals.
- Continuously follow up to gather all pertinent information to get to contract stage.
- Create proposals/event estimates, contracts and collect initial deposits.
- Have complete notes for file turnover for Event Managers.
- Follow-up with client after function to ensure customer satisfaction, to address any challenges, and to ask for rebooking.
- Follow-up with various departments to ensure any necessary feedback is communicated.
- Attend networking events and community functions.
- Follow through on all tasks and projects assigned by the Director of Catering.
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities. College Degree preferred.
Experience:Minimum of 2-3 years of Catering Sales Management experience required.
Experience working with Delphi a must.
Preferred: Adept with Weddings, Corporate and Non-Profit Events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of food & beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items.
- Knowledge of related event coordination areas: Audio-Visual, décor, entertainment, tenting, exhibits, power, etc.
- Understanding of event logistics (set up and design).
- Ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to create special themes and menus.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough and timely manner, effectively reading, writing in using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a Four Diamond Resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.