Posted September 11, 2021
Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping provides assistance in managing in all aspects of the Housekeeping Department. The Assistant Director works with all Housekeeping line staff to meet quality standards set by the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
- Manage staffing needs including interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Plan, organize and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the resort, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Work with Housekeeping Coordinators on a one on one basis to build their housekeeping skills.
- Complete performance inspections on Room Attendants after completion of service to suites.
- Check all VIP rooms for incoming guests.
- Complete performance inspections on House attendants during their daily work schedule to ensure all areas are clean and up to Resort Standards.
- Works with the Public Area Team to ensure property cleanliness and helps to ensure that projects are on track for completion.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, and décor, and report.
- Monitor issuance of all Resort keys and equipment.
- Assist Executive Director in monitoring overall staff performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, completing 90 day and annual performance evaluations on all Housekeeping line staff.
- Maintain a record of rotational deep cleans, suite cleans and carpet cleaning programs.
- Assist in the resolution of staff challenges including scheduling, disciplinary action, incentive programs, etc
- Assist with inventory and monitoring of all tools and supplies.
- Communicate and interface with other departments to provide personalized service.
- Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands.
- Able to resolve guest challenges.
- Keep work area clean, professional and inviting at all times.
- Other duties assigned by Executive Director of Housekeeping, Director of Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years housekeeping supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Certification in sanitation, chemical usage or safety preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills.
- Bilingual – fluent in English and Spanish.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations and our Service Standards, AAA 4-1/2 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English and Spanish languages
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.