Posted August 23, 2021
Provide a HEARTfelt experience for our group and social guests by joining our banquet team and with professionalism, respect, and service savvy. Our banquet culinary and service team are amazing and The Scott is a wonderful place to work BEyond Expectations!
Summary of Position
The Banquet Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all of the cold and hot food items for our events while maintaining quality standards set by the Resort.
- Prepare all items listed on daily prep lists, following standard procedure or as otherwise directed by supervisor, regularly checking product and maintaining high quality at all times.
- Organize prepped food by day/function and group name. Only mark items off prep list when this is complete.
- Check portion control: weights and counts before, during and after prep.
- Fire food for service. Serve on service line.
- Follow proper storage procedures when removing food from walk-in or returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times. Follow “clean as you go” policy.
- Maintain walk-ins, prep area and all equipment up to Health department and Resort standards.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen, as necessary.
- Assist in transporting food and equipment to other areas on property for satellite service.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Chefs.
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Experience: At least two years cooking and prep work experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa CountyFood Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to clean with abrasive kitchen cleansers
- Basic math skills necessary to understand and implement recipes and measurements
- Good hand/eye coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. choppers, graters, mixers, etc.
- Ability to reach and place items on a hot line
- Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, push or pull products up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically and honestly
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.