Posted September 2, 2021
Senior Sales Manager
Summary of Position:
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for the acquisition of group business of 51 – 150 rooms peak night for both the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and The Scott Resort & Spa. Specific market emphasis and/or territory assignment will be determined based on industry experience.
- Meet or exceed your revenue goals as specified in the group sales goal & incentive document.
- Solicit potential prospects on a daily basis with a minimum of 20 calls per day.
- Use and exhibit proficiency with sales management documents, tools, & systems.
- Determine quality of business: prospect, qualified prospect, best potential.
- Follow through on all leads within 24 hours.
- Meet and deliver account site inspections on property.
- Update accounts and most current lead source.
- Update all accounts with current VP of Sales & Marketing and Director of Sales.
- Maintain continuous communication between Sales, Conference Services, Restaurants and other resort outlets at all times.
- Keep detailed notes and execute written agreements with all vendors and customers.
- Business travel to domestic destinations may be required.
- Prospects and qualifies new group clientele from all available resources.
- Ability to perform all essential functions within two weeks of employment.
- Any other duties assigned by the VP of Sales & Marketing, Director of Sales, General Manager and Resort Management.
- Education:High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of hotel group sales experience is required.
- Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Windows operating system
- Skilled in sales presentations and utilizing sales tools such as video conferencing (Zoom) PowerPoint, and collateral
- Ability to manage details effectively
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain a professional image in tough situations
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards, AAA Diamond standards, and mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
The Scott Resort & Spa and Classic Hotel & Resort leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties.