Posted September 10, 2021
Senior Event Manager
Join the historic La Playa Hotel team working seamlessly with our very special groups, wedding and special events! A seasoned, senior event manager is who we seek!
Historic La Playa Carmel, located two blocks from Carmel beach in a garden setting, is seeking a dynamic individual to upsell and coordinate weddings, corporate meetings, banquets and receptions. The person in this role serves as a vital contact for our diverse and delightful clientele!.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-energy individual to be creative while establishing a positive and professional presence and rapport with clients and customers.
The responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and execute all details of meetings and catered events to ensure appropriate and professional services are delivered per the terms of each contract including working with outside vendors, the Food and Beverage Department, and other internal departments.
- Ensures La Playa Carmel’s quality standards are maintained and profitability is maximized.
- Follows up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Works closely with the Sales Assistant to detail and prepare events on BEOs providing timely information regarding set-up, vendor information and scheduling needs to hotel department heads.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set and stay focused on multiple priorities
- Proven ability to exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers
- Experience using Delphi software a plus!
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years previous Catering/Conference Services, and Wedding Coordination experience within a similar management role.
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities. College Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of hotel/resort conference or event experience required.
Preferred: Adept with Weddings, Corporate and Non-Profit Events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of food & beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items.
Knowledge of related event coordination areas: Audio-Visual, décor, entertainment, tenting, exhibits, power, etc.
Understanding of event logistics (set up and design).
Ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
Ability to create special themes and menus.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough and timely manner, effectively reading, writing in using the English language
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a Four Diamond Resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)
We provide an excellent benefits program and beautiful working environment!