Posted September 10, 2021
Provide enthusiastic, HEARTfelt and detailed administrative support to the General Manager and Operational Leaders of The Scott Resort & Spa...Scottsdale's most popular and instagrammable destination and part of the Classic Hotels & Resorts portfolio!
Summary of Position:
To provide administrative support for the General Manager including, but not limited to, communication, scheduling, special projects, computer work, filing, answering telephones, printing reports, maintaining files and departmental records/logs. Coordinate and maintain the Executive Office operations and create and maintain strong relationships with associates and leaders to ensure internal and external guest satisfaction, a HEARTfelt culture and resort profitability.
* Professional phone and email communication for the role and on behalf of the General Manager.
* Works closely with resort operational departments and Human Resources.
* Attention to detail in all forms of communication on behalf of the operation.
* Resort public relations/communications; ie TripAdvisor, Yelp, daily internal newsletter, announcements and more.
* Communicate information such as reports, policies, meetings and messages as assigned according to resort standards.
* Create and maintain organizational platform for electronic files.
* Maintain confidentiality and security of specified resort information, correspondence, reports and files.
* Coordinate meeting room and/or resort VIP reservations and amenities; ie welcome notes special requests, etc. as requested by the General Manager.
* Coordinate travel arrangements, hotel reservations and car rentals as required for the travel needs of ownership / VIP’s as requested by the General Manager and/or ownership.
* Attend designated meetings, take minutes, transcribe and distribute.
* Respond to guest requests/complaints and communicate such to respective leaders for proper handling as well as follow up for guest satisfaction.
* Promote positive relations with guests, leaders and associates.
* Prepare requests for complimentary/discounted room reservations/gift certificates and distribute according to resort procedures for the General Manager.
* Maintain complete knowledge of, and comply with, all resort and departmental policies and procedures, as well as the use of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
* Access all functions of computer according to work requirements (ie-Outlook/Excel/Delphi).
Education: College Degree preferred but not required
Experience: A minimum of 2 years in an administrative/support position; preferably in the hospitality industry
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong Computer knowledge.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Some marketing / PR experience is preferred.
Ability to organize, prioritize and work with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Must be a clear thinker who can remain calm and professional under any and all situations.
Detail oriented and resourceful.
Willingness to support other operational leaders and departments as needed.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.