Posted September 10, 2021
Join the fantastic finance team based at The Scott Resort & Spa where you will find a HEARTfelt workplace, challenging opportunities and growth potential! Seeking experience in and passion for hospitality...
Summary of Position:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting disciplines in a Shared Service environment. This includes the processing of AP, Income Audit, Payroll and Cash in accordance with established accounting standards. This position is a direct support to the Director of Finance.
- Accounts Payable
- Processes all accounts payable invoices including matching Purchase Orders with invoices, ensures correct GL coding and approvals, date entry of invoices into Sage.
- Maintains AP Records including W9s.
- Processes weekly check runs.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Manages vendor inquiries.
- Income Audit
- Review daily financial transactions and ensure items are recorded correctly.
- Ensure credit card batches are processed daily and balance with bank accounts.
- Ensure POS entries balance with days transactions.
- Prepare and distribute Daily Sales Report (DSR) and ensure all balances are correct.
- Post revenue journal entries and ensure records balance with the General Ledger.
- Assists with Bi-weekly payroll including input of Vacation, Sick Time, bonuses, tips and gratuity calculations, payroll deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Reconciles health insurance and 401k invoicing.
- Maintains payroll records and information in a confidential manner.
- General Cashier
- Maintains the main vault and provides change to property staff.
- Processes the daily cash deposit and reconciles against sales reports daily.
- Monitor cash over/shorts and report to Management Team daily/weekly.
- Other Duties:
- Maintain high level of accuracy through proper monitoring and efficient review of daily/monthly activities of the property.
- Support Department Heads with managing their individual business units by providing timely, accurate and useful information.
- Support DOF in company growth opportunities.
Education: Associates or College Degree preferred but not required
Experience: Minimum of two years accounting/bookkeeping experience required, preferably in hotel accounting environment
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic accounting principles / Microsoft office / accounting software
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.