Posted January 27, 2023
Housekeeping Attendant (PM Shift)
Summary of Position:
The PM Shift Attendant has many responsibilities to take care of at night. This position entails cleaning rooms, cleaning Public Areas, checking & cleaning the areas around pools and assisting in cleaning all areas of the resort. This position performs back and front of the house cleaning, and handles all guest deliveries throughout the evening hours.
- Clean rooms and check room status when asked.
- Perform turn downs when assigned.
- Fulfill all guest requests for ironing boards, hairdryers, pack-n-play’s, etc.
- Clean all pool areas, decks, empty trash, straighten furniture and stock towels.
- Check linen and storage areas to ensure they are clean and organized in the Sedona and Camelback buildings.
- Wash rags, mattress pads, and anything required preparing for the next morning.
- Prepares chemical bottles for the following day.
- Walk floors/areas to clear trash, dishes, and towels throughout the shift.
- Clean the cafeteria.
- Clean all public areas assigned, all bathrooms, empty trash and furniture.
- Report any challenges to the housekeeping leaders for any area.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates safety in fire or other emergency situations
- Will be required to use a two-way radio and ear piece for the entire shift.
- Empty dirty linen and trash out of room attendant’s carts as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Managers on Duty, Director of Housekeeping and the General Manager.
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use two way radio for general communication
- Understand the different chemicals we use in the department and their specific use.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Being safety aware
- Understand and follow department rules and procedures
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.