Posted November 28, 2021
Join the amazing team at El Chorro - Arizona's most iconic dining destination for restaurant and banquet experiences! Now part of Classic Hotels & Resorts, we offer a HEARTfelt workplace and terrific benefits, as well as a passionate family of talented associates!
Summary of Position:
The El Chorro Barback is responsible for the initial preparation of bars, assisting the bartender and ensuring a clean, well-stocked bar.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits.
- Stocks mixes and juices in sufficient amounts according to business need
- Stores back-up supplies according to manufacturer’s suggestions
- Maintains cleanliness of glassware, following health code standards
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer locker, and refrigeration and storage areas, complying with health code standards.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate levels of supplies, i.e. stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc… for both the immediate bar area and extended service area.
- Replenishes ice containers
- Boxes and saves used liquor bottles for later returns and requisitions
- Transports and maintains taps and kegs
- Perform other duties as requested by management including, but not limited to, cleaning guest spills, running food, etc…
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Food Handler’s card
Experience: Prior bar experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and comply with all State, Federal, and Resort liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Knowledgeable in preparation and serving of alcoholic beverages
- Basic mathematical skills to calculate portion sizes
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.