Posted December 1, 2021
Lead Pastry Cook
Newly created position for The Scott Resort & Spa Canal Club and Banquet Culinary Team! Put your creative pastry passion to work at this wonderful, HEARTfelt, family oriented workplace and company and be a part of the next chapter of Classic Hotels & Resorts!
Summary of Position:
The Lead Pastry Cook is responsible for producing pastry products, fabricating pastry stock, and assisting with plate-ups and buffet preparation.
- Be adept at the production of basic mixtures, recipes and products through complex
methods of desserts and pastry production.
- Prepare properly and consistently such items as creams, icings, mousses, sauces, fillings, dough’s and batters with little or no supervision.
- Fabricate or assemble most cakes for stock and production with some higher finishing work capabilities.
- Produce a wide variety of pastries, cookies, hot and cold desserts.
- Decorate with chocolate.
- Prepare all products ensuring optimal quality and visually appealing products.
- Properly store, package and handle all bakery products with regard to maintaining optimal quality.
- Mark, date and rotate all bakery products according to existing standards.
- Maintain production and cleaning schedules.
- Work with all staff and packers to help properly organize, condense and package bakery products prepared for banquets.
- Communicate all product needs with Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Banquet Chef in a timely fashion.
- Assist in development of season desserts for restaurant menu and holiday menus.
And perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, and other Culinary Leaders
Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalent required
Experience: Three to four years of pastry experience in a similar size operation required. Some management experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of baking and pastry production
Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures
Ability to grasp, lift, carry, move and/or push products up to 200 pounds
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.