Posted January 18, 2022
Banquet Set Up Houseperson
Join the amazing banquet team at El Chorro - Arizona's most iconic dining destination for restaurant and banquet experiences! Now part of Classic Hotels & Resorts, we offer a HEARTfelt workplace and terrific benefits, as well as a passionate family of talented associates!
Summary of Position:
The Houseperson/Set-up position is responsible for manually setting up, breaking down, and servicing all meeting rooms and food functions in accordance with El Chorro’s high standard of quality.
• Physically set-up, and break down function spaces
• Maintain and refresh function rooms
• Assist with meeting space equipment and maintenance repairs as needed
• Assure outdoor function space is maintained
• Assist in banquet / food and beverage as needed
• Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor/manager.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to lift 100+ pounds for extended periods of time
• Ability to push and pull up to 500 pounds
• Ability to embrace and perform to El Chorro Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.