Posted January 7, 2022
Banquet Bartender Part-time On-call
Summary of Position:
To serve beverages in a friendly, courteous and timely manner; resulting in guest satisfaction. Prepare beverages directly for guests or for servers to supply to guests.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promote and document orders for drinks.
- Mix, garnish and prepare drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar. This includes stacking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers and condiments.
- Break down bar and return all product back to bar office.
- Clean walk-in and bar office when finished.
- Read daily function sheets to determine the set-up requirements for that particular day.
- Other tasks as assigned by Head Bartender and/or Banquet Manager.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested, i.e. special guest requests, etc.
- Must adhere to all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma preferred.
Experience: 2 - 4 years of bartending experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have basic knowledge of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, count change, total guest checks, count total bank, total all other charges and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers and communicate with guests to take orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnishes, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).