Posted January 10, 2022
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for maintaining, setting up, food production and overall quality of all food items cooked in the Oasis.
- Prepares daily requisition for supplies and food items necessary for production.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and as specified by guest check to ensure consistency of product.
- Transports heavy boxes by pushing and pulling weighing up to 200 pounds from storage to work area.
- Visually inspects, selects, and utilizes only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage methods for various products, controlling portion size as necessary.
- Keeps all refrigeration units, equipment, and storage areas clean and in good working order, complying with health department regulations.
- Perform general cleaning tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to moving supplies, cleaning up spills, ensuring a safe work environment, etc.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary Apprentice program preferred.
Experience: Prior cooking experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures.
- Knowledge of the standards of sanitation.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment such as stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts, and portion sizes.
- Ability to perform duties in a confined space.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)