Posted May 19, 2022
Lobby Grill Server Part-time
The Lobby Grill’s casual atmosphere and contemporary comfort cuisine makes it one of Phoenix’s favorite places to kick-back and relax!
Summary of Position:
The Server is responsible for the service of food and/or beverages to include taking the order and delivering the ordered items to the guest in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner.
- Check and maintain proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during, and after shift
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials and/or promotion.
- Record the guests’ orders, up-selling when applicable.
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform kitchen an order was placed.
- Retrieve order from the kitchen, confirm accuracy and deliver food/beverages to guest with appropriate condiments.
- Abide by all State, Federal, and Resort liquor regulations.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction, offering dessert and/or coffee when applicable
- Presents the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year high-volume experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Current Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages.
- •Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items
- Ability to transport large trays of drinks through a crowded lounge
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment
- Ability to operate a Micros touch screen and follow point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)