Posted May 24, 2022
Line Cook (PM)
Join the talented culinary team at El Chorro...Arizona's most iconic dining and event destination! Recently purchased by Classic Hotels & Resorts, you can do what you love and love where you work!
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook PM Shift is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station.
• Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
• Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
• Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
• Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
• Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
• Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
• Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
• Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
• Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
• Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
• Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
• Ability to memorize and perform Company Culture and standards, as well as Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.