Posted May 13, 2022
Lead Banquet Server
- Summary of Position:
To direct and assist all aspects of food and beverage events including preplanning, supervising staff during set-up, service, breakdown and administrative duties all in accordance with the Arizona Grand Resort standards.
- Direct, serve food and beverages and observe the performance and mechanics of staff to ensure conformance with Arizona Grand Resort criteria in set-up and delivery of product.
- Train and review staff when it is requested. Ensure staffing levels are reviewed to accomplish all responsibilities while maintaining company financial parameters.
- Communicate and update staff on activities and policies. Work with Banquet Managers/Supervisor to develop standardized programs to include but not limited to, cleanliness, appearance, maintenance, verbiage, safety training and service mechanics and standards. Also, maintain time and attendance records for all beverage staff for payroll and turn into payroll department within the necessary pay period deadlines.
- Monitor and direct staff for the most efficient employment of effort in the set-up, delivery of food and beverage and breakdown of assigned functions. Ensure proper staff appearance.
- Order food items based on Banquet Event Orders, complete a weekly inventory, store and monitor the usage of coffee break items and storage areas.
- Communicate to all involved areas, items needed to fulfill the Banquet Event Order requirements. Observe, direct and train staff in the proper handling of equipment used in the food and beverage functions. Theme, design and implement decorations for the assigned function area.
- Ensure that service areas, (including your assigned area) and storage areas are clean, maintained and in proper working order according to the Arizona Grand Resort standards. Monitor the physical environment for unsafe conditions and correct them when found. Monitor all procedures and policies to ensure safety in accordance with Federal, State and company policies. Inspect all equipment utilized to ensure quality and proper working order.
- Coordinate with Event Services Manager, Banquet Manager/Supervisor, Director of Banquets, Chef or Kitchen Supervisors, the client, food staff and fellow supervisors to deliver all specifications of the function. Overview the quality of all food and beverages produced for each function.
- Write a captain’s report outlining any challenges or unusual circumstances encountered for each function worked.
- Serve and communicate at Site meals when scheduled
- Serve and be the Wedding Shadow when scheduled
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Banquets, and the Banquet Managers/Supervisor.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Enter all food and beverage served at the event into the Agilysys after the event is completely finished and all beverages are audited for use from each bar and bartender, paying careful attention to detail so as not to cause the resort to incur cost for product erroneously omitted from the billing.
- Ensure that the client is correctly billed so as not to cause any challenges, which will maintain the client’s interest for repeat events at our resort.
- Interact with fellow supervisors and managers in accomplishing common goals.
- Attending regular management, supervisor and general staff meeting as your position requires.
- Participate in company events.
- Assist and direct staff to fulfill all guest service needs and be prepared to participate in all fellow staff’s duties.
- Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School Diploma preferred
- Experience: Two (2) years supervisory experience in food and beverage or equivalent experience.
- Certificates or Licenses: Food Handlers card, valid AZ driver’s license, CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred, Title IV Alcohol Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have basic knowledge of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, total all other charges and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers and communicate with guests to take orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnishes, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale, POS, procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in confined spaces for long periods.
- Knowledge of food and beverage mechanics and product.
- Ability to supervise a large staff.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)