Posted May 11, 2022
Group Rooms Manager
Summary of Position:
The Group Housing Manager is responsible for managing group room reservation and inventory through effective administration and attention to detail to maximize room revenue and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Manages GRC’s to ensure the team is providing excellent service to group contacts and accuracy with rooming lists and billing.
- Review and Assist with File Turnover once contracted is received. Audit All Groups once built and ensure GRC is working closely with Event Manager to do intro calls, videos and emails to clients
- Ensure all rooming lists are accurately loaded in the system within 24 hours of receipt from client.
- Create color -coded group folders and ensure all GRC’s follow established system for file management.
- Manage inventories and interface between Delphi, SMS/HOST and other PMS (iHotelier/Travel Click) to be proactive and identify inventory/oversell issues.
Manage rooms only blocks (on rooms and resume sides)
- Train new Group Room Coordinators (GRCs) to ensure all processes are followed. Keep training material updated. Ensure this training includes importance of attention to detail, use of hospitable, professional verbiage in writing and speech and appropriate use of Letter of Guarantee.
- Ensure proper coverage of GRC duties when GRC is out of the office.
- Ensure cross training of current GRCs as well as any newly hired.
- Ensure Res Links are created and emailed to clients and Event manager within 24 hours of contract turnover.
- Train new Reservations Sales Agents on the group side of taking call-in reservations.
Ensure all cutoff dates are met by groups and extend cutoff in systems if approved by revenue management.
- Ensure all deadlines are met by GRC’s.
- Reach out to support (IT, SMS/Host, Travel Click/iHotelier) when there are issues with Delphi, iHotelier or HOST.
- Assist in smooth partnerships between GRC’s and Event Managers to ensure client needs are met in a timely manner.
- Attend revenue strategy and reservations management meeting (weekly) to represent the group aspect and take any new tasks to the GRC team. In addition, verifying new tasks or goals remain foremost.
- Assist GRC team with groups that require additional steps - such as pre-charging deposits, double checking lists when requested by the client. Assign GRC’s to assist with this and ensure completion in accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that all rooming lists are entered accurately by GRC within 24 hours of receipt of contract turnover.
- Work with Director of Revenue Management to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
Ensure GRC’s are reviewing group resumes when distributed to double check ViP’s and billing accuracy.
- Review contracts for accuracy in rates, dates, billing inventory levels, and other miscellaneous information.
- Handle all guest requests, comments, and complaints.
Participate in weekly group Scrub meetings, take accurate notes and ensure teams follow through on action items within 24 hours.
- Ensure GRC’s are collaborating with EM for accuracy in forecasting group pickup.
- Ensure GRC’s attend weekly Scrub meetings prepared with all answers to block, cutoff and rooming list questions.
- Attend group pre-convention meetings where possible.
- Manage GRC Incentive plan.
- Utilize progressive disciplinary measures as necessary.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months prior reservations or front office experience required in a full service hotel or related. Prior experience with the Springer Miller System is required.
- Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
Strong working knowledge of the Springer Miller system, Delphi and iHotelier/Travel Click
Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
Ability to follow detailed record-keeping procedures that involve intense administration and detail.
Ability to make independent decisions.
Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
Ability to memorize AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)