Posted May 16, 2022
Director of Talent Acquisition
A unique Talent Acquisition leadership role with our forward thinking, growing and culture driven hospitality company! Classic Hotels & Resorts is a boutique, luxury management company with a unique and diverse portfolio of places and people!
Summary of Position:
This exciting and NEW role will source, attract, engage and retain exceptional leadership talent for our hospitality properties while partnering with senior leadership; to uncover, understand and assist in hiring the right (best) talent for the future of our growing business. The Director of Talent Acquisition will also lead the next phase in talent attraction as we continue to evolve our unique and proactive recruitment strategy.
- Provide partnership and support to the VP of Organizational Development, Classic EVP, Ownership, Resort, Sales & Marketing and HR leaders throughout the portfolio, executing thorough and timely communication on all leadership postings, searches, assessment reviews, references, offers and future candidates.
- Leverage business and technology expertise, and display outstanding people relationship skills.
- Build effective and trusting business partner relationships with those mentioned above, as well as General Managers, Managing Directors and others on the leadership and ownership teams.
- Develop and launch new recruiting strategies to support hiring goals while quickly pivoting when priorities change.
- Maintain a sharp eye on local market and industry trends to propose recommendations to Company leaders and/or adjust recruiting strategies.
- Work with property HR leaders and company leadership to recognize and pipeline and assess for promotion
- Be the calm in the storm. Exemplify a strong sense of urgency to reach hiring targets while providing support and leadership during high pressure/high demand situations.
- Work with VP OD to develop processes for promoting our company/culture in reaching and in each prospective and new leader.
- Work with HR leaders to ensure consistent onboarding practices.
- Design and ensure our talent acquisition and recruiting processes are aligned with employer brand and diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field of study; or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated experience in sourcing, recruiting, candidate experience, and employer brand building (working closely with marketing strategies and teams); specifically in restaurant/hospitality environment.
5+ years of relevant recruiting experience, 5+ years of people leadership experience in a hospitality environment (highly preferred).
Understanding of the industry, our business, and the ability to anticipate the impact of talent on the future success of the company.
Previous experience utilizing assessment tools, developing recruiting performance metrics and leveraging data for storytelling.
Proven track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders at all levels of an organization.
Experience with recruiting tools and systems such as Hospitality on Line, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
Ability to think creatively when sourcing new recruiting pipelines
Extreme attention to detail and impeccable, diligent follow up with potential candidates and leadership
Strong understanding of recruiting social media platforms
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Ability to work independently / remote office
Behaves ethically and honestly
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Classic Hotels & Resorts leaders and associates believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful with Classic, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our companies and our properties.