Posted May 17, 2022
Director of Front Office
We are seeking a Director of Front Office/Rooms leader with resort experience to take our amazing property to the next level of a HEARTfelt experience! Great company, team and career potential in a gorgeous setting in the HEART of Scottsdale.
Summary of Position:
The Director of Front Office is responsible for overseeing all areas of the Front Office and Guest Service operations while maintaining an environment whose goal is “A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations”. This influential Leader will also be fully immersed in all plans to maximize revenue and profits through strong training, stellar service, upselling and resort sales involvement.
- Maintain and be accountable for financial responsibilities including managing the annual budget for the front office departments, review monthly P&L reports, monitoring labor costs to budget, comparing payroll projections to actuals, bank & cash handling for themselves & the team.
- Manage staffing levels for all departments (Front Office and Guest Services)
- Enhance, consistently review and execute training materials, utilize monitoring testing, daily coaching, mentoring, and recognition programming
- Monitor daily room inventory
- Attend bi-weekly leadership meeting and communicate pertinent information to staff
- Lead department goal planning, continuous improvement projects, and recurring training efforts
- Empower team and self to handle difficult guest situations and guest challenges to ensure satisfactory results for all concerned
- Implement new resort procedures, as necessary
- Perform Manager-On-Duty shifts as needed and all associated functions of that position including, but not limited to, reporting and handling guest concerns
- Other resort supportive functions which may include Sales blitzes, inspecting guest rooms, relieve front office associates for breaks/lunches, and provide additional support to the Director of Hotel Operations
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Hotel Operations or the General Manager
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: Prior rooms/resort management experience required
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
Ability to memorize and perform HEART values, BE Standards, 4+ Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
Knowledge of Property Management systems, i.e. Springer Miller
Knowledge of Management Reporting tools
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.