Posted May 24, 2022
Join the amazing team at El Chorro - Arizona's most iconic dining destination for restaurant and banquet experiences! Now part of Classic Hotels & Resorts, we offer a HEARTfelt workplace and terrific benefits, as well as a passionate family of talented associates!
Summary of Position:
The Hostperson is responsible for a HEARTfelt greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant while maintaining a detail oriented, enthusiastic representation and efficient “running” of the El Chorro ding operation. This includes consistant awareness of the podium, as well as activity in the cocktail lounge area of the bar and patio.
Meet and greet guests as they arrive to the restaurant, offer choice of seating, and escort them to their table
Be aware and assist in conducting a daily “roll call” or pre-shift meeting to share current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and pertinent memos and happenings
Receive, record, and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant
Answer phones in a friendly and courteous manner
Other functions as assigned by management to include, but not limited to, carrying coffee and/or tea pots throughout restaurant, refilling guests cups, cleaning windows, clean menus, check on guests in the bar and patio areas, etc.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card, CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Experience: Restaurant/guest service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general restaurant operations to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment, and guest relations
• Ability to memorize and recite menu items
• Ability to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns in a friendly, positive manner.
• Ability to memorize and perform El Chorro Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.