Posted June 7, 2022
Summary of Position:
The Event Manager is responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned event (wedding, gala, convention or meeting group).
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external customers
- Systematically establish, build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Establish a positive and professional presence and rapport with internal and external customers
- Design and sell events that meet client needs while being creative and maintaining profitability (revenue generation, maintaining profit margins and food/beverage costs)
- Protect the Resort’s assets by maximizing revenues, optimizing use of on-site inventory and function space, and protecting the physical property
- Assist with sales site inspections, as required, and conduct planning sites as needed
- Maintain accurate information and revenues in Amadeus, at all times, to ensure accurate forecasting
- Introduce key operations personnel to client or on-site contact
- Follow-up with client after function to ensure customer satisfaction, address any challenges, and solicit rebooking
- Follow-up, in a timely manner, with event involved departments and appropriately communicate any necessary feedback
- Forecast group rooms with assigned GRC accurately
- Mentor Group Housing Coordinators to help with developing leadership skills and positive customer interactions
- Mentor assigned Assistant to help with developing leadership skills and positive customer interactions
- Collect all deposits according to contractual terms and work with billing to ensure all monies are collected in advance or as defined by the contract
- Continuously follow up, in a timely manner, to gather all pertinent information from customer
- Interface with outside vendors as needed
- Accurate and timely preparation of event orders, set-up diagrams, group resumes, and other informational forms
- Work with all internal departments to coordinate needs of groups
- Communicate with Sales, Front Office and Reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Event Management, Assistant Director of Event Management, Director of Sales & Marketing and/or General Manager
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year in hospitality sales and/or Catering/Event Management experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage, Amadeus and basic AV equipment
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to resolve conflict in effective manner.
- Ability to lift, grasp, carry and/or push up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as well as being able to work shifts requiring standing, walking throughout hotel or sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards, AAA Diamond standards, and guest survey standards.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.