posted March 28, 2023
Summary of Position:
The Landscape Gardener is responsible for maintaining landscaped resort areas to provide a pleasant environment for guests and has extensive previous gardening experience.
- Safely operate equipment including mowers and trimmers and other implements
- Maintain overall property cleanliness
- Clean up and trim trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Hand water plants, as necessary
- Adjust and repair sprinkler system
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Maintain shop cleanliness
- Maintain equipment is always in working order and ready to be used at any time
- Other tasks as assigned by the Forepersons, Landscaping Manager, Assistant Directors of Property Operations, Director of Property Operations and/or the General Manager
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years landscaping experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work during adverse weather conditions
- Able to understand and communicate repair challenges
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy items (10 – 90+lbs.)
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in landscaping including sprinkler systems
- Installation skills for trees plants and flowers
- Trimming skills of trees and shrubs
- General knowledge of trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Able to operate equipment and tools used in landscaping
- Able to walk, stand, bend, and kneel for extended periods
- Able to tolerate extreme weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors)
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively:Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.