Posted November 10, 2022
Senior Maintenance HVAC Technician
Summary of Position:
The HVAC Technician is responsible for responding to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades.
- Respond to Guest challenges or requests throughout the Resort to make necessary repairs and accommodate the Guest, maintaining a safe environment.
- Work with all departments to make required repairs, ensuring a safe Resort.
- Read, interpret, and evaluate electrical schematics, refrigeration circuitries, mechanical components, blue prints, engineered drawings and any other HVAC equipment related documents.
- Perform HVAC repair and maintenance tasks, keeping accurate records which indicate when task was conducted, the components used, and outstanding issues.
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of HVAC repair and maintenance supplies, including appropriate levels of spare critical components of key equipment, such as server room A/C units.
- Report all major repairs, and items that cannot be repaired, to Management.
- Perform general maintenance duties as assigned which may include operating forklifts, motor vehicles, using jacks, hoists and other such non-trade specific tools.
- Maintain a clean working area, thoroughly cleaning up job area when tasks are completed or, if tasks are not completed, nearest end of shift.
- Due to the nature of our business the individual may be required to perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned by Management.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required; 10+ years HVAC experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: CFC certificate; Valid drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, chilled water system chemistry, and natural / LPG gas properties.
- Skills in the use of related tools including both hand and power.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards and Mystery Shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically and with honesty.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English. language to communicate with other employees, guests, and to prepare written records and read job related documents.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits a professional appearance, specific grooming standards are available in Human Resources for review.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.