- Build rapport with meeting and event planners while delivering a high level of customer service.
- Within 48 hours of receipt, input all group room listings by following a detailed checklist.
- Work with the Revenue Management Department to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
- Reviews contracts for accuracy in rates, dates, billing inventory levels, and other. miscellaneous information
- Create and maintain complete files on all bookings reflected in Sales PMS.
- Handles all group and event guest requests, comments, and complaints.
- Conduct Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams calls with meeting and event planners.
- Participates in weekly group pick-up meetings.
- Attend group pre-convention meetings (Pre-Cons) when applicable.
- Answer reservation sales calls when volume dictates.
- Compile all group and event charges from various departments within each property.
- Construct and administer the final bill to the group or event.
- Resolve any billing challenges directly with the meeting and event planner.
- In a timely manner, communicate with resort departments to accurately invoice Catering and Conference Service groups.
- Promptly answer telephones interpreting and assisting group and event guests with their challenges, and clearly describing folio charges.
- Use file resources to research and resolve guest challenges quickly and accurately.
- Effectively negotiate compromises with guests using a positive and diplomatic manner, remaining calm and alert, at all times.
- Provide pickup reports to meeting planners prior to cut-off dates in a timely manner.
- Provide final pickup reports to meeting planners in a timely manner.
- Ensure actual pickup numbers are loaded into Sales Force system in a timely manner.
- Bill revolving accounts on a bimonthly or monthly basis.
- Sort and file reports, documentations, and copies by account name.
- Assist in storage rotation, may include some moderate lifting.
- Represent department at resort wide meetings, as necessary.
- Assist Accounts Receivable team with overflow, as necessary.
- Complete month-end duties including group commission accruals and complimentary suite accruals.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- In general, will exercise discretion and independent judgment involving the comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or making decisions after various possibilities or situations have been considered.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Group Housing & Billing and the Director of Event Management.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Six months prior reservations or front office experience in a hotel is preferred. Prior experience with the Springer Miller System is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Working knowledge of the Springer Miller system is preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate with guests and meeting/event planners in a timely, hospitable manner.
- Ability to follow detailed record-keeping procedures that involve intense administration and attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests challenges.
- Basic computer skills including working with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.