Posted July 24, 2022
High Country Motor Lodge, an ALL NEW Boutique Retreat in the HEART of Flagstaff is seeking an enthusiastic culinarian to care for and cultivate Classic Hotels & Resorts newest and most unique destination!
Summary of Position:
The Outlet/Line Cook is responsible for providing warm, welcoming, genuine, efficient, resourceful and HEARTfelt care for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station for HCML F&B Outlets, as well as maintaining the overall cleanliness of the kitchen and surrounding culinary areas. Will also assist the Kitchen Supervisor and team with projects and culinary execution as needed. We are seeking FT and PT candidates for this role!
• Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
• Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
• Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
• Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
• Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
• Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
• Other supportive functions as determined by the Kitchen Supervisor, AGM or GM
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred; culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card/certification
Experience: Minimum 2 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic sanitation skills
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
• Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
• Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
• Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
• Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.