Posted January 11, 2023
Pool Attendant Part-time
If you LOVE taking care of people while they are relaxing in our spectacular "backyard" then this job is for you! Be an ambassador for the pool experience at The Canal Club at The Scott Resort and Spa where we provide a HEARTfelt experience to all!
Summary of Position:
The Scott Resort & Spa along with the Canal Club is looking for a candidate that can delivery a HEARTfelt experience BEyond Expecations as a Pool Attendant. This position requires an energetic individual. As a Pool Attendant, employees should maintain the established standards of performance, service, hospitality, cleanliness and safety in the pool area at all times in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
1. Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels and cleaning signs
2. Assist guests with equipment and activities and respond to guest needs as required to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and quality operations.
3. Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services
4. Ensure the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in the correct place, when setting up in the morning
5. Monitor inventory of all pool tools and maintain adequacy in same and manage drop and pick up of towels from laundry
6. Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries
1. Assist the Food and Beverage Manager/Supervisor as required.
2. Complete special projects as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow written/oral instructions.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- CPR and First Aid Certified is an added advantage.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.