Posted November 23, 2022
Director of Revenue Management Remote
Join the growing portfolio of Classic Hotels & Resorts in this exciting and collaborative role! As Director of Revenue, you may be based in your home office, or at The Scott Resort & Spa OR The Arizona Grand (if you are local). It is not required that you live Arizona!
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms and ancillary revenue streams. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory of all hotels within area of purview. Develops, recommends and presents sales strategy for pricing of the transient and group customer. Identifies new revenue opportunities and effectively communicates sales and pricing strategy to all key stakeholders including ownership. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing mentorship and leadership of other revenue managers, heading up various revenue management projects and initiatives, and maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders, including hotel General Managers, Sales Leaders, Corporate Office and owners.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise to general manager(s), leadership team(s) and sales leader(s).
- Ensures hotel strategies conform to Classic Hotels & Resorts philosophies and initiatives.
- Prepare rooms forecast for all segments in conjunction with property Directors of Sales. - 14 day forecast, 90-day forecast, long range forecast and budget.
- Generates and presents yearly room revenue budget to corporate office and owners.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Produces, coordinates and presents the sales strategy meeting and provides supporting documentation.
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for property(s).
- Communicates proactively with property(s) regarding rate restrictions and strategy.
- Prepares presentations, conduct meetings, and provides strategic recommendations to the executive teams and ownership.
- Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster (where appropriate) rooms revenue.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Revenue Management, Vice President of Sales and the Director of Sales & Marketing to establish group pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
- Leads efforts to coordinate strategies with group sales.
- Maintains accurate property management system (PMS), revenue management system (RMS) and central reservation system (CRS) information.
- Supports selling initiatives by working with reservation center(s).
- Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems (where appropriate) to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
- Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
- Attends and contributes in executive level meetings.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Communicates brand initiatives where/when appropriate.
- Promotes and protects brand equity.
- Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
- Prepares sales strategy critique to include forecast variance, budget variance and STR critique.
- Produce “month-end” reports that include the following: market segmentation by day, travel pattern analysis by market segment by day of week, statistical summation analysis (by month and YTD), transient demand analysis, GDS Source information, regrets & denials by source, source reports, demographic reports reflective of month end production and market share penetration report. Analyzes month end data through available systems to identify trends, future need months and obstacles to achieving goals and presents the findings and solutions to hotel leadership team, corporate office and owners.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly STR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, develops and presents strategies to best capture available market share.
- Analyze STR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
- Maintain hotel inventories to ensure the accurate and profitable balance of group, business travel, wholesale, and transient room production is maintained to ensure that budgeted revenue and RevPar goals are achieved consistently.
- Assist the Vice President of Revenue Management, Vice President of Sales and the Director of Sales & Marketing in the coordination of marketing efforts (e-commerce, advertising, collateral, packages, brochures, promo codes etc.) for all hotels as it relates to both group and transient business to impact need periods and shoulder dates.
- Contributes to development of hotel sales goals, pricing and selling strategy and customer information.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results.
- Foster a cooperative working relationship with local competitor hotels in order to promote referrals as well as to keep abreast of market demand and trends.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Classic Hotels & Resorts representatives on various projects and initiatives.
- Comply with the Classic Hotels & Resorts HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Revenue Management, General Manager or Executive Vice President.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Marketing or Business/Finance is preferred.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years as manager in the Revenue Management discipline. Multi-property and Resort revenue management experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to interpret historical data, trends, STR reports and apply revenue optimization strategies accordingly.
Ability to use mathematical skills to interpret financial information.
Knowledge of online travel agencies (OTA’s) and the ability to leverage relationships with OTA’s is required.
Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in challenging situations.
Work in collaboration with various departments and associates.
Knowledge of government regulations regarding business operation.
Ability to format and write business letters, reports, and summaries using proper grammar, spelling, diction, and style.
Ability to present information in a logical format to a group of managers, executive committee and ownership.
Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the hotel(s) and guest(s).
Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
Working knowledge of Delphi and PMS system(s).
Experience using the internet and internet booking vehicles.
Working knowledge of Revenue Management Systems (such as Duetto) and Central Reservations Systems (such as Windsurfer) to manage hotel inventory and rates.
Knowledge of Springer Miller Host, Springer Miller ATRIO, Opera and Delphi preferred.
Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Actual hours may vary dependent on business need, but will generally fall between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Occasional work on the weekends.
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at Classic Hotels & Resorts.
Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at Classic Hotels & Resorts, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.