- Prepare all requisition items; i.e., glassware, plates, pots, according to proper operating standards. Ensure consistency and cleanliness by completing a thorough inspection of each requested item.
- Check and control the proper storage of all chemicals and cleaning products, adjusting and reducing chemicals in strength where appropriate in order to maintain the Kitchen’s cleanliness according to Arizona Grand Resort standards.
- Maintain all refrigeration, walk-ins, storage and working areas to ensure they are clean and in working condition in order to comply with the Health Department regulations and Arizona Grand Resort standards.
- Ensure that all equipment, utensils, needed to serve ballroom functions are available as requested by the chef or supervisor on duty.
- Ensure that all items requested are ready to be picked up, dropped off and/or repaired on a daily basis.
- Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per Resort standards.
- General Cleaning of the kitchen
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
- Clean and check all windows in main dining and in back rooms for cleanliness.
- Hose and clean all debris in patio areas and also organize and set up table and chairs in patio area.
- Sweep and ensure backrooms are ready for daily operations.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chef, Sous Chef, Aunt Chilada’s front of house managers, Executive Chef and the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Prior experience with hot/cold food preparation required, Mechanical repair of kitchen equipment experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and repair all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand measurements, requisition amounts, and portion amounts as it relates to chemicals.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.