posted May 27, 2023
Banquet Server (Hourly Regular – HPR) part_time
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience during food and beverage events.
- Set up of room as directed by Banquet Captain.
- Complete necessary side work as assigned.
- Attend pre-shift and pre-function meetings as well as all service staff meetings.
- Greet and respond to guests.
- Maintain general ballroom cleanliness.
- Serve and clear courses as specified by captain per the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Service maintenance throughout program.
- Breakdown and clean up after guest departure and closing.
- Must be available no less than eight (8) shifts per week.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Area Director of Banquet Operations, Director of Banquet Operations, Banquet Managers, Banquet Captains and the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: one-year high-volume experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
Ability to lift and carry trays of up to 40 pounds through crowded rooms.
Basic knowledge of table settings and service etiquette.
Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)