Posted September 30, 2022
Banquet Captain- Aunt Chilada's Part-time
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Captain is responsible for handling all aspects of food and beverage functions including preplanning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown and administrative duties.
- Plan daily and weekly banquet functions
- Coordinate the details of the function with the client and Aunt Chilada’s Catering Manager
- In charge of the setting up every event to include: table set up, ordering linen, ensuring that there are enough plates, glassware and silverware for the event, beverage station is set up, food order is correct and set out for event at the scheduled time, pre bus all tables, oversee banquet and bar assistance and ensure that décor meets the expectations of the client and Catering Manager.
- Post event breakdown and cleaning of the entire room, resetting the room for restaurant dining, ringing in banquet checks with gratuity and submitting information to Finance in a timely manner.
- Coordinates successful timing of events according to the guest needs and overall Resort standards
- Trains designated team members to fill in when the Banquet Captain is not scheduled
- Attends meetings as required
- Supervises maintenance of the catering space at Aunt Chilada’s
- Other tasks as assigned by the Aunt Chilada’s Manager, Assistant Manager, Catering Manager and/or General Manager
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: 2 years of banquet experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handler Card/Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to perform all of the basic functions of a banquet server
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, and general etiquette
- Ability to move in tight quarters effectively and quickly to monitor
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to listen effectively, accomplish tasks and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Arizona Grand Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)