Posted September 6, 2022
Prep / Pantry Cook (PM)
Join the amazing culinary team at El Chorro - Arizona's most iconic dining destination for restaurant and banquet experiences! Now part of Classic Hotels & Resorts, we offer a HEARTfelt workplace and terrific benefits, as well as a passionate family of talented associates!
Summary of Position:
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing the ingredients for hot and cold foods to highest standards by following all recipe cards and established procedures. THIS IS AN P.M. Position.
• Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
• Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
• Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
• Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
• Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
• Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
• Other supportive functions as determined by the Lead Line Cook, Sous Chefs, Executive Assistant Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handler’s card
Experience: Minimum 1 year cooking experience in a similar environment required. Breakfast experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc.
Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.