Posted September 30, 2022
Banquet Server On-call
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience during food and beverage events
- Set up of room as directed by Banquet Captain
- Complete necessary side work as assigned
- Attend pre-shift and pre-function meetings as well as all service staff meetings
- Greet and respond to guests
- Maintain general ballroom cleanliness
- Serve and clear courses as specified by captain per the Banquet Event Order (BEO)
- Service maintenance throughout program
- Breakdown and clean up after guest departure and closing
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year high-volume experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to lift and carry trays of up to 40 pounds through crowded rooms.
- Basic knowledge of table settings and service etiquette.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.