Posted September 13, 2022
Restaurant Server Part-time
Join the most iconic and historic dining and event destinations in Arizona! El Chorro, recently purchased by Classic Hotels & Resorts, is excited for our next chapter and looking for HEARTfelt servers to join our amazing team!
Summary of Position:
We are SO excited to have joined the Classic Hotels & Resorts portfolio, and you can be part of the next chapter of this exciting and iconic dining destination!
The Restaurant Server is responsible for the service of food and/or beverages to include engaging and connecting with guests, taking their order and delivering the ordered items to the guest in a friendly, courteous, timely and HEARTfelt manner.
•Check and maintain proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during, and after shift
•Greets guests in a warm, positive, friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials and/or promotion, as well as making pro-active, knowledgeable suggestions
•Record the guests’ orders, up-selling when applicable.
•Inputs orders into point of sale (Aloha) system to inform kitchen an order was placed.
•Retrieve order from the kitchen, confirm accuracy and deliver food/beverages to guest with appropriate condiments.
•Abide by all State, Federal, and Resort liquor regulations.
•Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction, offering dessert and/or coffee when applicable
•Presents the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
•Other supportive functions as determined by the Restaurant Manager/General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Current Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Experience: A minimum of 2 years high-volume fine dining experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
• Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items
• Ability to transport large trays of drinks through a crowded lounge
• Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment
• Ability to operate a Micros touch screen and follow point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming
standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.