Posted September 20, 2022
Front Desk Attendant / Guide
High Country Motor Lodge, an ALL NEW Boutique Retreat in the HEART of Flagstaff is seeking enthusiastic applicants to provide HEARTfelt hospitality...must be professional and passionate to care for and cultivate Classic Hotels & Resorts most unique destination!
Summary of Position:
The Front Office Attendant/Guide is responsible for providing warm, welcoming, genuine, efficient, resourceful and HEARTfelt care at the front desk, including but not limited to check ins, check outs, community resources and guest resolution. We are seeking Full Time applicants for this role, who are also available and flexible to work both AM and PM shifts!
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from our property management system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Office Supervisor/Assistant General Manager/General Manager
- Incorporate the Classic Culture and Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required; college education preferred but not required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: A minimum of six months to 1 year in a guest service/reception role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the guest, team and operation.
Ability to memorize, reflect and perform our HEARTfelt Vision, Values and Standards.
Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
Must type a minimum of 15 WPM
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.