Posted September 21, 2022
General Store Cashier
High Country Motor Lodge, an ALL NEW Boutique Retreat in the HEART of Flagstaff is seeking enthusiastic applicants to learn and grow with us, and who seek a HEARTfelt workplace alongside our hospitality professionals, to care for and cultivate Classic Hotels & Resorts most unique destination!
Summary of Position:
The General Store Cashier is responsible for providing warm, welcoming, genuine, efficient, resourceful and HEARTfelt care for assisting guests with food ordering and purchasing requests, maintaining inventory and processing sales. Will also assist the Food & Beverage Lead and Assistant General Manager and team with projects and guest service execution as needed. We are seeking FT and PT candidates with a flexible schedule for this role!
- In a courteous and inviting manner, will assist guests with their food ordering needs.
- Assist in reaching sales goals.
- Handle cash, make change and balance the house bank.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using POS.
- Will stock products in a manner that will help maintain an organized and attractive retail and work area.
- Will restock and clean station as needed to maintain standards.
- Communicate needs to Food & Beverage Lead, Kitchen Supervisor and AGM as needed to ensure proper stock levels.
- Assist in expediting orders.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Lead, the AGM and the GM.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card/certification
Experience: Minimum 1 year guest service experience in a similar environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, assisting guests
- Ability to count money and give appropriate amount of change
- Ability to memorize and perform HEARTfelt Vision, Values and Standards and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.