Posted September 21, 2022
Kitchen Supervisor - Lobby Grill
Summary of Position:
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for the everyday operations of the kitchen.
- Prep all food items needed to complete service using procedures and guidelines set forth by management.
- Supervise set-up and break down of stations, at proper times, using the guidelines set forth by management.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and kitchen area, including equipment, at all times.
- Organize/coordinate hot and cold food items to fill ordered tickets.
- Coordinate wait staff pick-up of hot and cold food items, finding food runners if needed.
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipes, or as otherwise specified by the Chefs, to ensure consistency of product to the guests.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meats in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control proper storage of product, especially produce
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized; complying with health department regulations
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 4 years cooking in a similar environment required. Broiler and saute experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Food Service Worker Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to clean with abrasive cleaners
- Knowledge of stocks, sauces, meat and fish fabrication and basic cooking techniques i.e., sauté, grill, braising and baking
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with employees and interpret food tickets
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)