Posted January 27, 2023
Banquet Server Part-time On-call
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience during food and beverage events
- Set up of room as directed by Banquet Captain.
- Complete necessary side work as assigned.
- Attend pre-shift and pre-function meetings as well as all service staff meetings.
- Greet and respond to guests.
- Maintain general ballroom cleanliness.
- Serve and clear courses as specified by captain per the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Service maintenance throughout program.
- Breakdown and clean up after guest departure and closing.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year high-volume experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to lift and carry trays of up to 40 pounds through crowded rooms.
- Basic knowledge of table settings and service etiquette.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).