Posted November 22, 2022
The Canal Club is the coolest lobby bar and restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
BEST VIEW of our GUESTS' EXPERIENCE ON THE PROPERTY!
Summary of Position:
The Hostperson is responsible for meeting. greeting and welcoming guests as they arrive, offering their choice of seating, escorting them to their table, and presenting menus; HIGHLY prefer availability for AM and PM shifts - weekends are also preferred!
- Supervise dining room to ensure proper service and guest enjoyment
- Meet and greet every guest as they arrive, offering choice of seating, escorting guests to their tables, and presenting menus
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room including server stations, reserved tables, and proper balance around the dining room
- Maintain a cash drawer, giving out correct change to servers and guests
- Keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and memos
- Upkeep on happy hour/cocktail tables
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Restaurant guest service experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card/Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to memorize menu items sufficient to answer guest questions
- Ability to move throughout a crowded dining room to seat guests
- Ability to do basic arithmetic
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.