Posted November 28, 2022
Banquet Captain Part-time On-call
Join our iconic and historic property as an on-call, part-time Banquet Captain for the most beautiful and memorable special occasions and events where you can be your best and provide a HEARTfelt experience!
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Captain is responsible for handling all aspects of iconic food and beverage functions including preplanning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown and administrative duties. Upward communication to Director of Banquets is critical, as well as creating supportive, respectful and collaborative relationships with the banquet staff.
- Assist in planning daily and weekly banquet functions.
- Coordinate interaction with other departments and clients.
- Supervise staff to include set-up, serve and breakdown.
- Administer duties to include banquet check preparation, coaching documentation, functions review sheets and labor forecasts
- Coordinate successful timing of events according to the guest needs and overall Property standards
- Train new team members
- Attend all required meetings
- Supervise maintenance of meeting spaces
- Embrace our HEARTfelt culture, values, and BEyond expectations standards.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Banquets
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 2 years of banquet supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulations and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
• Ability to perform all of the basic functions of the banquet server
• Extensive knowledge of food an beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and general etiquette
• Ability to move in tight quarters effectively and quickly to monitor and supervise line staff
• Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
• Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
• Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.