Posted November 28, 2022
Banquet Server Part-time On-call
Join our iconic and historic property as an on-call Banquet Server for the most beautiful and memorable special occasions and events where you can be your best and provide a HEARTfelt experience!
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience during food and beverage events at this iconic and historic dining and event destination!
Set up of room as directed by Director of Banquets or General Manager or Banquet Captain
Complete necessary side work as assigned
Attend pre-shift and pre-function meetings as well as all service staff meetings
Greet and respond to guests and anticipate their needs
Maintain general ballroom/function area cleanliness
Serve and clear courses as specified by captain/DOB per the Banquet Event Order (BEO)
Service maintenance throughout program
Breakdown and clean up after guest departure and closing
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Experience: 1 year high-volume experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
• Ability to lift and carry trays of up to 40 pounds through crowded rooms.
• Basic knowledge of table settings and service etiquette.
• Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond destination (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.