Posted November 9, 2022
Landscaping Irrigation Technician
$500 Sign-on Bonus after 3 months of employment! *Must be in good standing to receive.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Summary of Position:
Maintains and repairs irrigation systems throughout the Resort. Assist with overall cleanliness and maintenance of resort.
- Repair and maintain irrigation system.
- Assist with property cleanliness and overall maintenance.
- Weekend lead person.
- Install irrigation system additions and modifications.
- Participate in company and/or department training meetings.
- Clean maintenance area and equipment.
- Report any challenges to supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Department Head, Assistant Directors of Property Operations, Director of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of landscaping irrigation maintenance experience.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to fully operate a landscaping cart and abide by all safety rules established by the Arizona Grand Resort
- Ability to recognize, communicate and/or resolve irrigation repair and maintenance challenges.
- Ability to safely operate landscape equipment.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, equipment and tools used in irrigation repair and maintenance.
- Ability to walk long distances over all type of terrain in all types of weather.
- Must be very detail oriented
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions
- Ability to understand and communicate repair challenges
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy items (20 - 100lbs.)
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in landscaping including sprinkler systems
- General knowledge of trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Ability to operate equipment and tools used in landscaping
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and kneel for extended periods
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors.)
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision.
- Ability to follow and complete instructions.
- Able to communicate in the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)