Posted November 14, 2022
Human Resources Manager
If you are passionate about People and Culture, this Human Resources role is meant for you! El Chorro is one of the Valley's MOST iconic dining and event destinations, and our workplace and associates, like our guests, feel like family. GREAT opportunity and growth potential!
Summary of Position:
This position will provide HR support (with some accounting and administrative responsibilities) needed to drive the culture and care of El Chorro, our iconic dining and event destination, while nurturing a positive, productive and evolving workplace on behalf of the General Manager, the El Chorro team, and Classic Hotels & Resorts.
- Manages the recruitment, onboarding and processing of new hires
- Fields questions from associates related to employment, workplace concerns and suggestions, and payroll.
- Facilitates such HR related programs as Trip Reduction, Recognition, Safety and Orientation
- Monitors workplace safety protocols and handle WC incidences and reporting and facilitates FMLA/Personal LOA when necessary
- Maintains employee files, including folders, certifications, and I9’s
- Engages eligible participants in health benefits and support and promote other company benefits
- Facilitates documentation of employee communications (verbal/written/final warnings)
- Maintains a positive culture through communication with associates and employee recognition/appreciation
- Coaches leaders and management on the documentation procedures, regulatory compliance, and any additional HR related inquiries they may have
- Advocates for associates’ well-being through policies and wellness programs
- Completes employment verifications, unemployment claims, wage garnishments, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy for all associates while maintaining a professional relationship with leaders and associates
- Processes terminations and holds exit interviews when requested or deemed necessary
- Assists managers in communications with associates regarding employee relations or performance issues
1. Requests change orders from Bank.
2. Processes the Daily Cash Deposit.
3. Processes and tracks Charge Tip Reporting.
4. Maintains employee timecards to ensure accuracy and prepare for payroll.
5. Administers sick/vacation/holiday pay.
6. Assists with and reviews payroll biweekly (Paylocity).
7. Other accounting related tasks as needed.
Education: High School / GED required; Associates or College Degree preferred but not required
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in an office / accounting / HR / administrative role; preferably in a hospitality or service environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer experience included but not limited to Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Strong math skills
- Experience with Paylocity a PLUS!
- Attention to detail / well organized
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language; Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking also highly preferred
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.