Posted January 27, 2023
Summary of Position:
The Carpenter position is responsible for responding to resort needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility by performing various tasks primarily related to, but not limited to, the carpenter trade. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades. A commercial/residential carpenter’s activities include the repair and fabrication of tables, chairs, and other furnishings on the property. It also involves the repair/replacement of doors and jambs and application of varnishes, lacquers, sealers, stains, water & solvent borne paints; glazes and alkyds paint throughout the resort.
- Respond to challenges and requests throughout the resort, making necessary repairs and/or accommodating the resort’s needs.
- Work with other departments to perform repairs as requested.
- Visually inspect and diagnose problems, making repairs as necessary or as instructed by supervisors.
- Maintain inventory of supplies to perform job functions.
- Report major repair items or items that cannot be repaired to management within Property Operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager(s)/director(s) of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 5-10 Years of experience with all phases of carpentry preferred with an additional 2-4 years of experience at the foreman or Superintendent level overseeing large scale carpentry projects from start to finish.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools required.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.