Posted January 17, 2023
Front Desk Agent
Summary of Position:
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing welcoming, friendly, efficient, resourceful and hospitable service at the front desk, including check in and check out and guest resolution.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer/property management system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Office Supervisor/Assistant FO Mgr/FO Mgr/Director of Rooms
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required; college education highly preferred
Experience: Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Must type a minimum of 15 WPM
- Behaves with HEART: Helpful Ethical Attentive Resourceful Thankful
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott's leaders and employees believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create HEARTfelt experiences…Beyond Expectations, warmly and genuinely inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at The Scott, employees must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating the highest level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly, enthusiastic and empowered employees treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.