Posted January 12, 2023
Strategic Sales Manager
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Summary of Position:
The Strategic Sales Manager is responsible for selling of specific groups assigned by the DOS for the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and The Scott Resort & Spa, along with occasional site inspections for OneTeam sales managers when needed. This position is also responsible for assigned sales strategic support functions for all assigned Classic Hotels & Resorts to include, but not limited to: management of GM customer communication, contract/legal documents, the approval of catering space releases, as well as development and implementation of other strategic and analytical strategies, catering and business travel sales support activities.
- Assist, manage or contract assigned multi-year/repeat groups (Nike, Desert City Swing, Super Bowl, NCAA…)
- Assist in managing and contracting tournament and competition groups.
- Management of GM customer communication process.
- Review and approval of catering space releases.
- Revise and update Toolbox and present updates and training at weekly sales meeting
- Manage and contract small room only groups (wedding blocks etc…)
- Train with National Strategic Sales Manager on contract approval and addendum review process
- Solicit potential group prospects as needed
- Analyze group sales trends and provide detail documentation for sales leaders and owners.
- Analyze groups on the books for future years to locate issues with load in load out or poor rooms to space ratios and bad patterns.
- Meet or exceed established goals when set forth by Director of Sales and owners.
- Follow through on all leads within 24 hours.
- Update all accounts with current contacts and decision makers for direct mail campaigns.
- Maintain continuous communication between Sales, Spa, Club, Conference Services and the customer at all times.
- Keep detailed notes and execute written agreements with all vendors and customers.
- Ability to perform all essential functions within three weeks of employment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Sales.
Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
Experience: Must have 4 + years of hotel group sales experience. Prior experience managing the Association group segment is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Windows operating system
- Skilled in sales presentations and utilizing sales tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and various digital collateral
- Ability to manage details effectively
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain a professional image in tough situations
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards and AAA Diamond standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)