Posted January 16, 2023
Golf Outside Service Lead
Summary of Position:
The Outside Service Lead is responsible for providing our guests a memorable golf experience through quality service, knowledge of the Grand Expectations, and leading by example. Will directly supervise the outside service staff during the AM shift in a professional manner and assist the Golf Management team with various daily operating tasks and duties, ensuring consistent service standard delivery.
- Directly supervises Outside Services Department during scheduled AM shifts.
- Responsible for training, coaching, and motivation of Outside Service associates.
- Work closely with shop personnel, Tournament Sales Manager, and golf management team on operational facets of tournament execution.
- Responsible for ensuring procedures are followed with Club Rentals including but not limited to storage, issuing, return and potential damage.
- Supervise procedures regarding bag storage operations.
- Greet all guests including non-golfers as they walk through the staging area.
- Stage golf carts for daily play ensuring carts are properly equipped, i.e. cart Signs, tees, scorecard, club/ball cleaner filled with water, etc.
- Oversee range operation with regarding to set-up, equipment, etc.
- Ensure all Outside Service personnel properly utilize radios equipment.
- Oversee cleanliness of cart staging, golf patio, range and cart barn area.
- Supervise and assist with the loading/unloading of golf equipment to and from parking lot. Provide assistance with Ranger & Starters as needed.
- Assist other departments with special events.
- Perform general cleaning tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned by managers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior supervisory experience helpful.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas.
- Ability to lift golf bags in and out of carts.
- Ability to walk up and down steep cart paths.
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to replace water jugs when empty, lifting 20-30 lbs.
- Knowledge of the game of golf (rules and etiquette).
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors.)
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).