- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and to resolve issues, show empathy and build trust. Resolve guest situations such as scheduling conflicts.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible, and promote & sell spa/salon services.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, clearing pass way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Guest Scheduling and Check-In
- Schedule services for individuals and large groups using Book4Time, reservation software.
- Call guests to confirm scheduled services and update the reservations/cancellations list.
- Advise providers of last minute changes or additions to schedule.
- Check in guests for appointments. Provide general spa orientation; ensure smooth transition from check-in to relaxation area or treatment room.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtain change required for expected business level, and keep bank secure at all times.
- Obtain and process guest payments for services. Process Gift cards and miscellaneous charges.
- Verify payment authorization for credit cards.
- Ensure cash, gift certificates, and other revenues are secure at all times, in accordance with Spa and resort policies.
- Assist the Spa Director to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory). Ensure that receptionists POS all tickets accurately in Book4Time.
- Motivate the front desk and spa team to up-sell, cross-sell and pre-sell services and products by creating incentives with Spa Director to increase revenue sales.
- Work closely with Spa Director to ensure operational efficiency within the Spa Department.
- Ensure spa associates have the proper tools and information to maximize each guest interaction.
- Assist spa coordinators with incoming calls.
- Perform daily reservation audits to ensure accuracy of arriving reservations.
- Monitor occupancy and open/close inventory when necessary.
- Attend to spa coordinators needs to address and resolve issues with callers.
- Ensure spa teams understanding and compliance with all Spa SOP’s or LSOP’s).
- Maintain organization of front desk areas. Ensure all checklists are complete.
- Ensure that email inquiries are handled professionally, quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure accuracy of payments and cash handling.
- Work closely with Spa Director to accommodate group requests.
- Work with Spa Director communicating to staff in-house groups or VIP’s that are in house and how to not only, take care of their needs, but to anticipate them, as well.
- Work closely with Spa Director to maximize Book4Time schedule.
- Assist with training of new Spa associates.
- Perform any duties assigned by Spa Director.
- Work Manager On Duty shifts in the absence of the Spa Director and/or to cover lunch breaks for spa front desk coordinators.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to sit or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress work environment.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, train, and appropriately discipline staff.
- Have a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Follow company/dept. safety & security policies/procedures to ensure a safe, secure environment.
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem resolution skills. Must be detail-oriented.
- Must maintain a professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers and between staff members.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with director/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and positive attitude towards all.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your director or co-workers when leaving your work area for meal or break.
Must obtain TIPS Certification for Alcohol Service in Maricopa County, Arizona, prior to hire and Orientation.
Note: the previously listed duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
High School Diploma, G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Spa, massage and aesthetics familiarity preferred.
Book4Time experience preferred.
Experience in customer service in a resort environment is required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.