posted March 28, 2023
Bell / Valet Attendant
The bell/valet attendant is responsible for representing the resort at the main entrance. They should enthusiastically greet arriving and departing guests according to resort standards. They escort guests to their suites, providing guests with a full orientation of the resort and the suite itself.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- Meet and greet all arriving and departing guests with a friendly and sincere greeting, following resort standards as specified.
- Grasping, lifting, and carrying packages from vehicles to designated transportation or secure storage areas.
- Escort guests to suites using resort service standards, visually inspecting rooms upon arrival and reporting deficiencies to the appropriate department for repair.
- Issue luggage claim tickets at drop-off, read and match tickets at pick-up.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all resort amenities and general information about the resort including outlet hours, resort services, local attractions, function spaces, car rentals, etc...
- Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice.
- Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to laundry pick-up/drop-off, newspaper delivery, posting reader boards, polish carts, and answering bell desk telephone.
- And any other tasks assigned by the Front Office Supervisors, Managers and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Hospitality experience preferred but not required.
Certificates or Licenses: Clean motor vehicle record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds
Ability to stand and/or walk around the property for the majority of the work period.
Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
This position requires extensive time outdoors and around the entire property.
Actual hours may vary dependent on business need.
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property and our company.